- To be planned together with a Thesis Supervisor within the scope of an individual plan for a doctoral student.
- An individual module card is available at the US Doctoral School website, bookmark Education in the category of: Document downloads (realization is confirmed by a thesis supervisor).
- Classes offered by our University, another higher education institution in Szczecin and in Poland or abroad can be included in an individual module, as well as summer schools, camps, courses, trainings, etc.
- Each activity needs to be confirmed with certificates, etc.
- Credit is obtained after the 4th year, various forms of classes, also in English, it is mandatory to obtain 6 ECTS, 60 h of classes.
- If no ECTS points are featured on a document confirming participation in an activity, then we do not enter any ECTS points. Moreover, points should not be divided by hours of a given event. If certificates do not contain a mention on ECTS, the number of ECTS points is determined by a Thesis Supervisor. It is important that in the end the number of CTS points must not be lower than 6.
- The realization of an individual module may be started as early as the 1st year of education at the Doctoral School of the University of Szczecin.
- An individual module card, completed and signed by a Thesis Supervisor, can be submitted at any time to the Office of the Doctoral School of the University of Szczecin; it is not necessary to wait until the last semester of study. Additionally, it is necessary to remember to include enclosures in the form of certificates of any completed activities.
Elective classes “elective lectures” – useful information
- Elective activities belonging to the category of “elective lectures” are realized by participating in activities organized exclusively by the Doctoral School of the University of Szczecin.
- The above-specified activities include: Meetings with a practitioner, Erasmus Debates, open lectures within the framework of Join US- Stay with US.
- Certificates of attendance at the above-specified events are kept at the Office of the Doctoral School of the University of Szczecin. Next to each certificate the number of hours assigned to it is entered. The certificates may be collected from the Office of the Doctoral School of the University of Szczecin. However, we recommended that all of the certificates be collected at once, preferably at the end of a given academic year.
- The certificates are issued on the basis of an attendance list downloaded from MS Teams or signed personally on the event date after its end.
- Doctoral students may attend “elective lectures” from the 1st year of study at the Doctoral School of the University of Szczecin.
- In order to be awarded a credit from elective activities “elective lectures” it is necessary to obtain 15h or 16h depending on a previously agreed curriculum.
- Once a credit from elective activities “elective lectures” have been awarded, there is no obligation to participate in subsequent events. However, we encourage doctoral students to take active part in future events, which undoubtedly will contribute to their academic development.